Need a radio shack webcam driver but I don't know what model it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the chip number is SUNPPLSSPCA508A01424 and on the side were the cam lens is and it look like there is a zip file name the following R800A.ZIP can anyone help me

I am runing Windows Server 2003 and my Hardware Ids are USB\Vid_0118&Pid_0007&Rev_0001 and my other hardware id is USB\Vid_0118&Pid_0007

Hmmmm....
I find many different webcams using different drivers (click here that are built on the SunSpot chipset. But none that seem to support your IDs.

Are you sure you have the correct Hardware IDs?? Let's reconfirm the ID by doing this:
  • First make sure your USB web cam is connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_39021462&REV_50\3&61AAA01&0&8D The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Modem PCI\VEN_134D&DEV_7897&SUBSYS_0001134D&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&28 The drivers for this device are not installed.
USB Device USB\VID_0118&PID_0007\5&2D5E1365&0&2 The drivers for this device are not installed.
USB PC Camera (SN9C102) ROOT\IMAGE\0000 This device cannot start.
USB PC Camera (SN9C102) ROOT\UNKNOWN\0000 This device cannot start.

Wow!! Your web cam is an enigma!

But first let me digress to 2 other entries
Code:
USB PC Camera (SN9C102) ROOT\IMAGE\0000 This device cannot start.
USB PC Camera (SN9C102) ROOT\UNKNOWN\0000 This device cannot start.
Did you at some time have a Sonix web cam installed? I'm guessing these are leftover bits and pieces of an old Sonix nonPlug-and-Play driver

But as for web cam Hardware ID
Code:
USB Device USB\VID_0118&PID_0007\5&2D5E1365&0&2
I'm stumped!
> How old or new is this web cam?? I can't even find vendor ID 0118 defined in the usb.org database (usb.org is an international organization responsible for assigning and maintaining the manufacturer's/vendor's USB ID). So your Hardware ID is quite the enigma.

That said
a) Do you have any pictures of the cam you could attach to a post?

b) If you go back to finding your web cam in Device Manager, rt click Properties, Details tab. Then use the pull down menu to view Compatible IDs and please indicate what's listed. These might point to another, perhaps generic, driver compatible with your device

Since XP doesn't let you easily copy/paste the info
> You can either snapshot the image with the compatible IDs listed OR
> Carefully copy them by hand OR
> Try using tool SysExporter to capture then copy/paste the data within selected windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back