Need a replacement card for a Radeon X1900GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbwilliams12

A little over a year ago a built a system for my best mate (which he paid me for). It was all pretty slick until his graphics card started throwing artifacts and crashes about 20 minutes into any 3d game. I’ve tried replacing the Catalyst drivers, DirectX, etc… At this point I’m thinking it has to be the card. XP works fine, it’s just the 3d engines. Also, games with a higher 3d load crash quicker and produce more radical artifacts.

The card is a connect3D Radeon X1900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 CrossFire. I believe connect3D is now defunct. Their California office is closed and all emails go unanswered. If someone knows how to get an RMA from connect3D, that’s be great. As this is unlikely, I need a replacement card for my buddy. I’m just outside of the 1-year NewEgg return.

The original card was around $250. I don’t think he has that kind of cash to spend anymore, so I’m looking at $60-$125 optimally (with shipping). I know I might not be able to duplicate performance on this budget.

He plays mostly low-mid intensity games, NO FPS but a lot of RTS and Turn Based stuff, Total War was a favorite.

System Specs:

PS: OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI ATX12V 700W
MB: GIGABYTE GA-8I945GZME-RH LGA 775 Intel 945GZ
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 65W
Slot: PCI-Express 16X
Memory: CORSAIR 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4200)
Monitor Plug: DVI

Any advice would be very much appreciated. If more specifications are needed I can grab them. Thanks in advance.

How about this X1950GT? I think it is slightly better than the X1900GT and is in your price range, $109 before rebate, not including shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back