Need advice ASAP on dual GPU setup, for NvIdia 3 monitor use

By Richardw9
Nov 12, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I'm looking for some advice ASAP on which setups would be suitable to allow my system to run 3 monitors in an extended desktop setup. I'm trying to buy of ebay, so I need to know which cards are suitable so that I don't miss bargains. Rather than give a wordy description I will give you a quick Idea of my setup,

I have a Palit GTX 460, using the PCIe2 x16 port on my mobo - this GPU will run my main gaming monitor.
    I have a p7p55d le mobo, on which I have a PCIe one free port running at x4 speed, in which I want to instal my second GPU.

My main concern is that i'm running a directx11 on my PC an I was wondering if I needed another Dirrectx11 compatible card (such as nVidia 400 range), or would an older card (7000, 8000, or 9000 series) suffice?

In the end I will have, a 17" then a 23" and another 17" in that order setup on my desk. I intend to use the second GPU to run one of the end 17" monitors, with my 460 handleing the other two.

A list of cards compatible with my drivers can be found on this page:
    http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver-uk.html

Sorry if I seamed rude in explaining this, but I am in a hurry for various reasons and have tried to keep it concise.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.