Need advice for memory and cpu voltage on asus crosshair motherboard with ocz pc28500

By dopefisher
Mar 6, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, I just got a new motherboard, ram and cpu. It is an Asus Crosshair with nforce 590 sli chipset. The ram is 2 x 1gb ocz pc2-8500, running at 1072mhz and 2.45 volts, and the cpu is an amd x2 5200+ running at 2.68 and 1.53 volts. First of all, are these temps and voltages appropriate? i am really new to am2 and ddr2, but i havent fried it all yet... Also, what i find weird is that i am running windows vista ultimate 32 bit, and whenever i overclock so far in bios, vista seems to adjust the settings to a certain point so everything remains semi-stable. under xp, if i overclocked/overvoltaged too far, i would get a bsod and instant reboot. The reason i am running my ram at 2.45 is because i got a system crash/bsod due to "memory management." the ocz tech support team suggested i set the voltage on my ram to at least 2.1v. Now this is E.P.P. ram, so in the bios, i can set the option to optimal or high frequency for "sli-ready memory" , which this ram is. There is also an option for cpuoc ( a special sli ready memory asus/nvidia thing i guess?) and i have it set to "cpu-oc max" hence the cpu voltage increase. in bios my cpu heats up to around 60, but like i said earlier, when i get into vista it kind of gets more stable, and settles down to around 47. It is only at 2.68 ghz, if i set the option to cpu-oc max , shouldnt it overclock even further? i guess there is a ton of stuff i do not know about this board.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.