Need advice upgrading video card

Hi Everyone!

I want to upgrade my video card from nvida geforce 210 to NVIDIA 8800gtx or GTS 250...I want to know which whill be better based on my computer specs below:

BOARD : acer f672cr
CPU : intel e4300 (core2duo 1.8ghz)
RAM: 2gb
PowerSuppy: 500W

If you have a PCIe x16 card slot. Without knowing your actual PC, I can't promise anything. However I do have a good feeling you wouldn't have a problem.

If you have a PCIe x16 card slot. Without knowing your actual PC, I can't promise anything. However I do have a good feeling you wouldn't have a problem.

my current video card is NVDIA GEFORCE 210.. kindly check if this is PCIEx16.. cause I dont have enough knowledge when it comes to pc hardwares.. thanks

From the motherboard info you have given it does appear that you have a pci-express x16 slot. In that case the 650 would fit. The minimum recommended power supply is 400W so you should be fine there as well.

I think his CPU will bottleneck anything above a GT640.
So since the CPU may be a bottleneck, there is no since in purchasing a better card that can be used in future systems. Purchasing better equipment can always be seen as an investment for later purposes. Matching bottleneck performance is no way to overcome limitations. Who knows what system the card will be used in tomorrow.

Back