TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advise on buying antivirus program

By hiiq32 ยท 4 replies
Mar 9, 2010
  1. Hi,

My company uses Symantec end point manager on the small biz 2003 server with the program on 75 pc's.

Each client has a gold shield with green ball on it on the task bar to show it's connected to the server software.

It costs $1500 a year to renew to continue updates. Anyone have a suggestion as to a cheaper program that will keep us up to date at a lower cost?

or is this about the going rate to expect to pay for a virus protection system.

I believe we're charged approx $20 per pc to renew the sub, every year.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Ira

2. FastTaco

FastTaco TS Rookie

I'm not sure really, but this may help a bit. I noticed the prices are set for the 'lowest' meaning the cost can be more. All of them on the list can work for 75 computers.

I think its really a matter contacting each AV company for details.

Check them out here:

anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/small-business-antivirus/

3. brucethetech

brucethetech TS Enthusiast Posts: 229

comodo makes a pretty good free antivirus and its one of a very few that lends itself to use from businesses. the drawback is that its not very user-friendly. techy people won't have a problem with it, but it requires some initial setup and configurations that can intimidate and confuse a normal user. I had the same run around a while back and you are actually getting a decent deal. $20 per machine isnt bad.

4. mak50

mak50 TS Rookie

hi,
    i am mostly suggest for server antivirus first Macfee and then symantec.
    Macfee is best for server protection.

5. mak50

mak50 TS Rookie

hi,
    i am mostly suggest for server antivirus first Macfee and then symantec.
    Macfee is best for server protection.
    See,
    http://home.Macfee.com

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.