TechSpot

Need advise on buying SLI vga card

By aaronhkg
Feb 24, 2010
  1. I'm going to upgrade my graphic card and found that my mobo do support vga SLi ( m2n-e SLi). Searched on google.com for a few days, there are a lot of vga cards in the market currently. Would any expert give me some advise on buying the most eco. SLi vga card with a budget 50 to 60 pounds.:wave:

2. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

In order to use sli you need to buy two, preferably identical, graphics cards...

3. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

go shopping around for an 9800 GT and then a few months later buy another

4. aaronhkg

aaronhkg TS Rookie Topic Starter

I know it has to be two identical cards, but I want to know which one is the most eco. and efficent.

5. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

eh, well it doesn't have to be two identical... but you're much better off. i ran a pair of 8600s in SLI about 15 months or so ago and they were okay for lower resolution gaming, but nothing great. they don't need aux power either so they are very efficient. it would be useful to post the specifications of your power supply, which is very important when looking into upgrading your video cards.

6. aaronhkg

aaronhkg TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'm using a 450W PSU currently.

7. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

you can get one 9800 GT with out upgrading your PSU but if you wait to go SLI you will need to upgrade

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.