TechSpot

Need an $800 build

1. The title says it all. I need the best build for $800 with shipping included. It's purely for gaming.

2. Zeutrinox

Zeutrinox TS Rookie Posts: 37

3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,370   +125

I'd definitely opt to cheap out more on the motherboard, dvd drive, case, and possibly CPU to get a better power supply and graphics card. IMO you should be aiming to use a 7850 or 7870.

4. Khanonate

Khanonate TS Member Posts: 96   +8

Have you looked at Techspot's PC Buying Guide?

5. Armageddon Nigh

Armageddon Nigh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Will this build work? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wozN

I forgot about needing to buy the OS as well, so I chose a cheaper motherboard. It says that the case doesn't have any front USB ports, which would be a little annoying not to have. Do you guys see any other potential problems?

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,627   +320

Looks like it has 2 front USB ports to me. Top of the case right up at the same level as the power button.

7. Armageddon Nigh

Armageddon Nigh TS Rookie Topic Starter

Would you suggest a different video card in the same price range?

8. Zeutrinox

Zeutrinox TS Rookie Posts: 37

On any occasions, try to avoid Micro ATX motherboards. Well you need to check the case specifications from the manufacturer website, so you can confirm that it have 3.0 USB on the front panel. Also, get the 7850 or Asus 660.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.