By Spleenharvester
Nov 4, 2008
  1. I have an Athlon X2 5000+ 2.6ghz. I need a fan that is:
    -under £20
    -Is as loud as stock fan max
    Thanks. specs in drop-down.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Have you heard of Google search? Do you know how to use it?

3. Spleenharvester

Spleenharvester TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 47

as a matter of fact yes I have :mad: I just don't have a lot of experience and can't really find one that's definitly suitable.

4. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

What are the dimensions for the stock fan? I think it's 80mm, but I'm not sure.

If you're trying to get your processor cooler, and have less fan noise, you'll need a new heatsink and fan. Just purchasing a new fan will probably allow you to make less noise, but at the same time will raise your processor temperature, so you'll need a more efficient heatsink to do both jobs at the same time.

5. Spleenharvester

yeah, 80mm I think. I thought it was easier to get a new fan for it (price wise) - performance wise probably not though.

6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 872   +12

It will be cheaper just to get a new fan, but I doubt it will have the effect you're looking for.

7. Spleenharvester

I think this may be what I'm looking for - the OCZ vanquisher. Either that or it's the Arctic Freezer 64. The second one seems to have a lower airflow but seems to have a better heatsink... I'll have to look into it.

8. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

If you haven't bought one already, I recommend this heatsink and this fan to use with it.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.