Need answers for clean install XP for serious errors

By strawberries
Jul 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. hi just need a few answers for clean install of windows im geting ramdom reboots and then messaged come up with ' the system has recovered from a serious error

with multible errors

BCCode : c2

ecseterar its different every time its like ether reacked ram/ hardwhare or driver or software just wondering if i do clean install of windows xp will it go away/fix it if it is a software/driver issue?

i wouldnt think a clean install would fix a hardwhare problem but any way

if anyone knows if so the clean install fixes the sofware/driver problems if i have them of suddernly restarting if the clean install does fix? driver solfware

then if it happes again it can be hardware fauilts

im up grading sorn any way and there is nothing inportant on my pc any way so the clean install wont effected me

ill up load the mini dumps any way just in case u can read them as i have already done on another post

thanks for the feedback/answers hopfully u can understand what i am saying

Attached Files:

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

All five of the most recent dumps cite the same driver stdriver32.sys as the cause o0f your issues.

Do you have SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder installed?
  3. strawberries

strawberries TS Rookie Topic Starter

thanks for the help i dont know what SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder is but i can have a look and what is the stdriver32.sys driver and how would i fix it?

found it
    do i delet SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder? to fix it?
  4. Route44

See if they have an updated program. If not then delete it and see if a reinstall brings back stability. If you never used it/needed it then just uninstall.
  5. strawberries

thamks for the help mate

i deleted it now lets hope for the best
  6. Route44

You are welcome. :) Please let us know if the problem has ended.
  7. strawberries

ill give it a week because i usally get 2 or 3 at least a week so ill up date in a week to so if it is fixed