Need big BSOD help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deganveran

I am running an Abit IP-95 mobo with an intel dual core 3.20 ghz processor running at stock speed. I and running win XP SP 3 with dual HD's and OCZ dual gold 2 gig ram sticks. However I continually get BSOD's.

I even installed a new HD with a clean XP install and I continue to get BSOD's. I took apart my computer and put it back together and still BSOD's. I took out all non vital components and still BSOD'ing. I know its a hardware failure because someone on this site looked at the error message codes. Now I have absolutely no clue what is wrong or how to fix my computer but I am going away to college in about two weeks and really need a working computer. Can anyone tell me how to find out exactly whats going wrong so I can fix it?

BTW: It BSOD's with one stick of ram, I tried both HD's and it BSOD'd on each, my mobo, processor, vid card and power supply hooked up.

If I took it to a professional computer repair place is there some diagnostic they could run that would pinpoint the hardware thats failing?

They would just start swapping parts: (in order as below) Whilst benchtesting it

Note: all "extra" hardware is out (ie No DVD Drive, No Externals; No extra addon cards), and confirm Bios is up-to-date

Ram
All data cables (ie just the one Hard Drive Sata cable; as all cables are out including front case wires)
Power Supply
Hard Drive (you have done this already, but they must test)
Video Card
CPU (just re-seating actually)
Motherboard

That's about it, oh they would also detach all fans, or swap them.

Can't think of anything else. Do note: this is without keyboard or mouse as well

Since you first posted about this a week ago, I suspect you have a little time before starting college next year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back