TechSpot

Need comments over Asus k42j

By jaz123
Sep 24, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I bought an Asus K42J just this month. It is 14inch laptop with 500gb hdd, 2gb memory, core I3-350M 2.26ghtz, with dvd sup.mti, and didicated graphics 512mb vram. This is my first laptop. My initial preference is 13.3 inch but those i found on the stores are of lower processor specs (i want laptop with didicated graphics) so i shifted to 14inch and found this Asus K42J. I bought this at about 38thousand pesos (USD800) with free multifunction printer. My concerns: 1. is 14inch large to look at? (i like a cute-looking laptop, so im worrying if my laptop looks huge on its size). 2. Is Asus k42j a good choice in terms of the specs? 3. Is this laptop better than toshiba? HP? Acer? Dell? in terms of performance and look? I occasionaly like Toshiba because of its looks but its more expensive than my budget. 4. What is the life span for this laptop? 5. Did I make a good choice? I need encouragement for the laptop that I just bought. Im not a tech wizard. For all your help, thanks, really appreciate it.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,426   +317

use it and love it - - why invite someone to rain on your parade?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.