Need Crash course about RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a AMD Sempron Processor 3300+ and a Diamond Stealth S120 - ATI Radeon 9550 256mb and i want more ram to run faster so can any one help me figure out what i need and one that is cheap?

if u go read the manual that came with the motherboard it will tell u, and no one can tell u without knowing the MB.

Sloth52mn said:
i have a AMD Sempron Processor 3300+ and a Diamond Stealth S120 - ATI Radeon 9550 256mb and i want more ram to run faster so can any one help me figure out what i need and one that is cheap?
Go here:

http://www.crucial.com/

They will scan your system, tell you what ram you have, what slots you have, etc. What they have and what upgrades you can do, if any.

I'm sorry for the rudeness of my first post. My question is:
Why would you put more RAM in a system with a Radeon 9550?

To the original user, my suggestion is that you put your upgrading priorities elsewhere: think about a new graphics card, probably AGP8x/4x with that setup, maybe a new CPU. I'd say go ahead and bust a hump to get a new system altogether, but I know that isn't always feasible.

If you have less than 256MB of RAM, then yes, you do need to focus on that first. Otherwise, continue upgrading other parts of your machine.

thebaronjocelin said:
I'm sorry for the rudeness of my first post. My question is:
Why would you put more RAM in a system with a Radeon 9550?

To the original user, my suggestion is that you put your upgrading priorities elsewhere: think about a new graphics card, probably AGP8x/4x with that setup, maybe a new CPU. I'd say go ahead and bust a hump to get a new system altogether, but I know that isn't always feasible.

If you have less than 256MB of RAM, then yes, you do need to focus on that first. Otherwise, continue upgrading other parts of your machine.
I didn't imply you were rude, just questioning the logic of your response.
On a lighter note, I think the 256mb of ram figure stated is for their video card, not system ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back