Need driver to put Windows 7 on my PC

Evabraun2000

" Alright I have a custom pc with the i7920, x58 motherboard, sli gts 250, 6g ddr3, cant remember the harddrive name.
Well the os came from an older computer that i sold but kept the harddrive for my new build and I've had this build for about a year now...but about 4 or 5 months ago it said my os was like an unauthorized version to were my serial numbers you put into it to make it right was incorrect...as a lazy american it really didnt cause any problems so i was like who cares all my programs work everythings fine so no need to do anything...well now im sitting here trying to turn on my pc and it loads normal at first and stops at my drmos screen with like the options to go into bios setup. Where it normally just flashes up and loads windows, but now its just stops here then goes and says select a boot device...so maybe somehow my harddrive wasnt selected for this option...so i went into bios and the only option it gives me for booting up is my cd/dvd drive so now im a little worried since i have like 500$ in games on there and all my school work...So if anyone has any ideas what this is or what i should do tell me...i really dont want to have to buy a new operating system for this bullshit excuse my language.

WORLDS LONGEST RUN ON lol....................................
Edit/Delete Message "

That was my previous post and i just need an os.

Well now I do have one windows 7 ultimate but it is saying. No Drives are found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation. Is my hard drive done? Or do i need a specific driver I don't have?

Be patient, you bumped yourself after twenty minutes.
Well the os came from an older computer that i sold but kept the harddrive for my new build and I've had this build for about a year now
If it was an OEM/system builders, then you're not allowed to do that. Judging on your description, microsoft decided that they didn't like you.
So, if you did something against policy, you shouldn't really be surprised if it stops working. However, if you have proof of purchase either with the box+dvd+cd key or it's on your steam account, that shouldn't be a problem.
I actually have no idea if that is why you're computer is not working.
Check your bios, but it's most likely that the harddrive is there since you are saying you "have one windows 7 ultimate".

Things to do - disconnect all drives and USB connected devices. Reconnect (carefully) just the HDD and go into the bios. Is it visible now?

If not, take the HDD out and reconnect it in a friendly PC to see if it is recognised there. You might have to learn something about master and slave settings for a HDD to do that correctly unless you are using a PC with SATA connectors. If the drive is not recongised then probably it has failed and has to be replaced.

We'll come to the question of recovery of old data in time. meanwhile bash your head on the nearest wall, saying 'why did I not backup, backup, backup?'

Back