need Drivers for HP Pavilion ze5170 notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

milky

I won an HP Pavilion ze5170 notebook in a police auction, so the HD was wiped. HP's website does not provide any original drivers for this notebook. I called them and found out that the warranty has expired on every 5170, so they no longer provide support. The only thing they could do for me is sell me the original Restoration CD for $89!
I don't need the OS or the other software, so I don't want to pay for this just to get a video, chipset, and audio driver.
Does anyone know where I can get the original drivers for this notebook?

if your operating system has no drivers, and you can't find any online, you are up sh** creek. hp's restoration cds are a sick joke if you ask me, and a waste of money.

There has to be drivers available online somewhere (at the very least generic drivers.) I would try the windows update website first, then search 3rd party sites.

perhaps the place you won it from has some older disks.

actually driverguide only has the modem and sound drivers, i looked there myself at first.

thanks guys...Once I updated windows, I got the video, audio, and 56k modem drivers, but no chipset. I guess I can make due without that one, right?

milky said:
I won an HP Pavilion ze5170 notebook in a police auction, so the HD was wiped. HP's website does not provide any original drivers for this notebook. I called them and found out that the warranty has expired on every 5170, so they no longer provide support. The only thing they could do for me is sell me the original Restoration CD for $89!
I don't need the OS or the other software, so I don't want to pay for this just to get a video, chipset, and audio driver.
Does anyone know where I can get the original drivers for this notebook?
Try this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...iesId=373311&prodTypeId=321957&pnameOID=83863

I'm looking for chipset drivers for the same model computer. My computer doesn't know it has a battery in it! Did anyone ever come up with a good driver source?

mscir said:
I'm looking for chipset drivers for the same model computer. My computer doesn't know it has a battery in it! Did anyone ever come up with a good driver source?

Are you saying that you get a "CMOS Checksum" error everytime you start the computer? CMOS batteries are easy to change in desktop/tower computers, but in laptops the batteries are usually soldered in place

>Are you saying that you get a "CMOS Checksum" error
>everytime you start the computer?

Exactly. I found the manual online and the battery is buried under the motherboard, requires major surgery to get to it.

If you say that the battery is under the motherboard, is there an access panel on the bottom of the laptop? Otherwise you will have to take the computer to a repair shop

cmos user serviceable? hah!

>is there an access panel on the bottom of the laptop?

for the ram and modem, yes, not for the battery. I bet it costs more than $100 to have it repaired in a shop. I'm thinking of doing it myself, feeling adventurous!

If the battery is soldered in place, a repair shop might want to replace the whole motherboard at a cost more than $500! Some shops specializing in laptop repair have a flat rate charge. On newer laptops, I have seen a replaceable battery just under the keyboards. These are very easy to replace. It may be time for you to get a new laptop unfortunately

Device Drivers for HP Pavilion ze5170

Hello,

My name is nativedge. Through a days long work, many
googles and reading many insignificant specs. I have found
the device drivers for the ze5170 laptop, for those who have
had to reformat the system to have Windoze and Linux based
systems on one computer, a dual-boot system, YES!

The drivers are in the HP website. I wouldn't suggest a third-party,
they may not be the right ones.

Windoze SP 2 has most of them except for VIDEO and MODEM.

The drivers for XE4400 are similar, extract the whole package
and install the ATI Mobility and Conexant 56K.

This should do the trick.

Don't forget to check the Device Manager to see if they were installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back