Need for Speed and Vista problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't know where to post this, in the networking, OS-problem or gaming - but I'll put it here since my actual problem is not being able to game.
My problem is that I just CAN'T get NeedForSpeed:MostWanted to work in any way in lan or other. And yes I have read others posts ---- endlessly... :(

I have tried using the router which connects all of us to the internet (we can see eacher others shared files on the network and so on, but nooo gaming :[ )

I've tried creating an "ad-hoc" wireless network (which works for ALL other games we play which is everything from Motocross Madness(OLDER than NFS:Most Wanted) to Football Manager 2009).

I've even tried with a simple direct LAN-cable (can't remember the name, but don't worry it's the correct one, it works when connecting 2 XP-computers to each-other).

Finally I've tried installing Hamachi on all computers and that doesn't work either. So I've run out of ideas and energy...

And I strongly suspect VISTA :mad: being the root of all this evil, even though I haven't had any major networking/gaming problems with it.. until now.. I just can't see what else can be the problem. And yes, I've tried all the tricks to make it work - e.g. the most wanted "server.cfg" and/or manually configuring ip-adresses etc.
I think I've tried just about every combination of all the above-mentioned.... :dead:

If you have the solution to make the lan work for just these 2 computers I would be very thankful!
(The two laptops are identical, so i'll just type it once, :)

Acer Aspire 9300
AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology 2.2Ghz
2 GB Memory
32-bit operating system
Windows Vista Home Premium <-- (presumed problem :)

If anyone wants network and all that information, just ask, but EVERY other game we've tried has worked. So don't tell me to update or that I have a hardware problem :)

And so I ask you... should I let it go or can someone help me?

No... "allow the ports", is that some kind of router stuff? Or is it necessary when playing laptop-to-laptop directly??
But no I haven't allowed or disallowed any ports!
Please tell me what to do :)

outbound traffic normally is allowed without any rules, but everything coming into
your system needs Firewall Rules all allow access.

1) Note the tcp and udp ports required for your game
2) on all system, add a rule like
allow in tcp/upd ports xx-yy​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back