Need for Speed Carbon Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

papercut_2008

Ok- i just bought Need for speed carbon. I go to install, type in my CD code, and get prompted to accept a license agreement, only no text is in the box where all of the legal stuff should be. I click accept, and it says "you need Direct X 0 or better." Direct X 0? I tried reinstalling Direct X, but that didn't do it. I also had this same issue with Madden 2007, but i fixed that by simply copying and pasting all of the game files, and running it from there, but that fix didn't work with this game. I have been having a lot of trouble with EA stuff before- Medal of Honor wouldn't work, and Nightfire had issues, just to name a few. My system exceeds all requirements. Any help on the topic is GREATLY appreciated

Pretty sure NFS Carbon only requires DirectX 9.0c. I'm not sure what to tell you about all your problems with EA games - have you tried to circumvent EA protection in the past? Perhaps something you did during that process is giving you these problems now. I have heard that they use similary protection schemes throughout their games.

I actually figured out the problem with the install - i had to run the setup file in Windows 2000 compatibility mode. I dont know why it works, but im not going to argue. Im running Windows XP, with DirectX 9c, and i legally buy all of my games, so it's really unusual that one developer gives me so many problems- any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back