Need for Speed Carbon Install Problem

By papercut_2008
Mar 24, 2007
  1. Ok- i just bought Need for speed carbon. I go to install, type in my CD code, and get prompted to accept a license agreement, only no text is in the box where all of the legal stuff should be. I click accept, and it says "you need Direct X 0 or better." Direct X 0? I tried reinstalling Direct X, but that didn't do it. I also had this same issue with Madden 2007, but i fixed that by simply copying and pasting all of the game files, and running it from there, but that fix didn't work with this game. I have been having a lot of trouble with EA stuff before- Medal of Honor wouldn't work, and Nightfire had issues, just to name a few. My system exceeds all requirements. Any help on the topic is GREATLY appreciated
  2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 TS Booster Posts: 128

it means direct x 10 only for vista
  3. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Pretty sure NFS Carbon only requires DirectX 9.0c. I'm not sure what to tell you about all your problems with EA games - have you tried to circumvent EA protection in the past? Perhaps something you did during that process is giving you these problems now. I have heard that they use similary protection schemes throughout their games.
  4. papercut_2008

papercut_2008 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

I actually figured out the problem with the install - i had to run the setup file in Windows 2000 compatibility mode. I dont know why it works, but im not going to argue. Im running Windows XP, with DirectX 9c, and i legally buy all of my games, so it's really unusual that one developer gives me so many problems- any thoughts?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.