TechSpot

Need For Speed Most Wanted stopped working?

By gbgg9409
Jul 17, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I have the no cd patch and the 1.3 update for NFSMW, and everytime I try to start it up, I get the "speed.exe has stopped working" message. I tried reinstalling it 3 times, and it does the same thing. Can someone tell me what my problem is? My specs are:

Windows Vista Basic 32-bit
    Intel Duo Processor 2.2 Ghz
    Nvidia GeForce 7050
    Plenty of RAM and hard drive space
  2. HWG

HWG TS Rookie

Hi everyone,
    I've been trying to run a LAN game on NFS Most Wanted on 2 computers. Computer 1 creates a server. Computer 2 connects to the server. Computer 1 creates a game and waits for Computer 2 to join. Computer 2 successfully joins the server, but when trying to join the game, a message appears: "needforspeed.exe has stopped working".
    This will happen to the other computer if he is trying to join the game. But connecting to the server is not causing any problem.
    I am using a adhoc connection and a wireless router to establish the LAN server. It has wprked with other games, but could this be the problem ?

Thanks for your help,
    HWG
  3. Jawshh

Jawshh TS Enthusiast Posts: 438

The crash is caused by the NOCD patch. Reinstall the game and instead of using a NOCD patch, use a fixed image.

P.S Don't ask for the link, we don't help piracy on this forum.

Good Luck
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.