Need Good Help!!!Screen Problem

By Drezard
Nov 20, 2004
  1. Help plz!!!Wats a code 10 with Graphics cards how do i stop it!!!!

Plz help me!!!! I am trying to hook up two screens to my computer. But, i have installed both the graphics cards and the old one says "code 10 Cannot start" or something like that how do i stop it???? :hotbounce :confused:

The two graphics cards are:

Radeon 9200 SE
    S3 Trio64V2
  2. Drezard

Drezard TS Rookie Topic Starter

Need major help!!!

I'm tryin to run 2 screens off 1 computer. I have 2 graphics cards inside the p.c now what????
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Are both graphics cards exactly the same?

If they are then I would suggest that you read the user manual on how to set up two monitors.

If they are not both the same then I don`t think you can because the two graphics cards will conflict with each other.

Regards Howard :grinthumb
  4. ALOUSH41

ALOUSH41 TS Rookie

hey ..
    i dont think it will work with multi vga cards,
    but i used to run 2 moniters in one vga cards , using a a cable that u plung it into ur VGA and then u have 4 outputs u can plug in the end abt 4 monitors, so try to find one and buy it :)
  5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

The problem might stem from the S3 card. In order to allow dual screen operations with two VGA cards,both cards need to support a shutdown function which is unavailable on the S3 card (too old). Get a more decent card like a Matrox Millenium/Mystique PCI & it'll work fine.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.