Need help booting up an ASUS A7V8X-X mother board..

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my comps broke a while back, so I decided to get a new mother board and processor for it... so i got an asus one.. the computer is gateway (used intel processor) and i decided to just use the gateway case and instal the mb in there.

Now the problem is that the cord that goes from the BOOT button to the mb doesn't FIT on the new motherboard.. there is no place to plug it in! I read the manual and there is a 2 pin boot thingy from what I understand.. but it says that it requires an ATX power supply.. I don't see how a power supply will solve the problem though? I just need to be able to boot up the freaking mother board! Anyone know anything about this?

Please help.

P.S. hello all.. I am new here :D

Hello Kaban and welcome to techSpot.

the problem with computers like Dell and gateway is they use alot of proprietary stuff as you have just found out. what goes from the "Boot" button to the Mobo is the connectors that have to be made for the machine to receive the command to boot, turn off, reset, hard drive light etc.

Different boards arrange these pins differently unless you have the wiring and some skills to change this to match your new board you are going to need a new case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back