Need help building a workstation

By momslooney
Apr 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's my problem, I have 4 kids and 1 computer. I sent my computer out to be worked on and was wondering if it was possible to turn it into a workstation so, I can get more then 1 person on it at a time. I've been doing some research and have read about betwin 2000/xp and winconnect server xp. I am looking to see if anyone has ever used these programs and if turning 1 tower into a workstation using windows could be done. If so, how?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,684   +153

Setting up 5 users on your 1 computer, with you as an administrator and your 4 kids as limited users doesn't work for you? Do you want to control 4 computers from your existing system. It is technically already a "workstation"...
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I agree with Tmagic. Why not just setup one administrator account & 4 limited accounts. You should also be able to use "Fast User Switching" to allow easier switching between profiles.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.