TechSpot

Need help building business desktop

By andoyan
May 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello,

My name is Jon and I am trying to built desktop computer for my business, The PC is going to be used primarily for data and i take allot of images and store them in the computer. Another important aspect would be that the pc be able to handle multi tasking since I have more than one window open and I work on separate one semantically. I research a lot, I came with the following hardware I would like your opinion as well as your suggestion. For the this PC, I am looking to built a PC with Intel chip : Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K, with either 8gig or 16gig?

The memory ram I am considering is CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B, or Crucial?!, I like to know which would be a better choice. Regarding power supply Some good brands to look for are: PC Power and Cooling, Enermax, Antec, and Tagan but I couldn’t fined which would be a good choice for me? The motherboard I found ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard.

As for video card I like to have at least 1 gigabyte of video card I have found EVGA 012-P3-1472-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) Super Clocked 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card but Would appreciate a suggestion from you. Finally I found this tower Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case? Hard drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive. For the DVD and cd drive I am not to concern about Sony will do just fine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.