Need help buying a new gaming computer

Helloo.

Sticking to the forum guides:

What are you going to use the PC for?
-Multi purpose gaming, however im not bothered about high GFX, i jsut want to play. MW3, COD4, Skyrim etc. I often like to alt tab to check my email or play a song etc, so something with good ram i guess.

How much is your budget?
-550 Pound Sterling

Where are you located? (a.k.a. fill out your profile)
-London, UK

Are you willing to buy online?
-Yes, im not really sure how on earth i would build a PC if i purchased the parts, im looking more into a pre built or, a website where you can pick and chose, they then build and send etc.

Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build?
-No

Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?
-I have a monitor, mouse & keyboard already

Have you already bought any parts?
-No

Do you have an Operating System (OS)?
-Nope

Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup?
To be honest, im not really sure what this question means, im nreally new to in-depth PC components etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Anything :p

Hey its ReeD :) With aftermarket cooling etc. they mean that whether will need a,better,fan on your CPU (processor) or if you would need watercooling to,keep,it cool. This is only if,you want to overclock your CPU. For motherboard,I would have a look at the Asrock extreme3 gen3 ans whether,it fits,in your budget. Also, you might, want to figure out if,you want a SSD, this might be a bit expensive Nd not fit in your budget. If youare planning to,buy a (small) SSD, get a z68 mothefboard, otherwise a P67 will do :)

550 Pound in Euros is .... 640 Euros.... let's see
You can buy

a) CPU

INTEL SIDE

Intel Core i5 2500K

AMD SIDE

AMD Phenom II X4 980
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
AMD FX-6100 (or 4100 which is cheaper)

Video Card

nVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
AMD Radeon HD 6870

RAM

4GB DDR3 1600mhz

MOTHERBOARD

Dunno, just search :D :D (there are some great out there :D )

You didn't mention anything about storage. To fit your budget I'd buy a 500/640 or even 750GB HDD. Although 1TB is cheap nowadays but doesn't fit your budget
SSD: Not recommend cause they are expensive, 256GB SSD are much expensive than 1TB HDD though they are speedier :D

That's all from me, hope I helped :D

Is an entire terrabyte really needed anyway? I have a 320 GB HD and I haven't even come close to filling it. I can only see you filling it with something such as music or videos but for normal everyday usage a TB inst need in my opinion.

well we used to say "well you might as well buy a 1TB drive" that was when they were dirt cheap, now days if you don't burn heaps of music and dvd's a 500GB should be fine

well we used to say "well you might as well buy a 1TB drive" that was when they were dirt cheap, now days if you don't burn heaps of music and dvd's a 500GB should be fine
One supposes these escalated prices might be a temporary thing. So, if you have to build the day after tomorrow, tough luck. If you wait a couple of months, the situation might change.

That said, I'm not really fond of large OS drives anyway, and 320 to 500GB is plenty big enough.

well they are starting up the operations for HDD's as we speak so they think we could get a price drop Q1 2012 but wouldn't think it be back to normal till atleast 2013

i just found it unusual that you would mention it at all, 60-120GB ones are actually cheap

Back