Need help buying/building a PC

Xcylent sent me here from his youtube channel. I can spend no more than $400 on a computer for gaming I dont need it to look cool just to run good while gaming. I live is The United States. Any help is appreciated.

Do you have any parts that you were looking to reuse? Such as: Monitors,Mice, or Keyboard? Maybe even HDD, PSU and Case from a current machine. I ask because it will not be easy building a gaming PC with the budget of $400.

What games do you play?
What resolutions do you play at?
What type performance were you hoping to achieve with this new build?
Open to buying parts online?

Hey mate,

$400 is a pretty tight budget. For any sorts of modern gaming you'd probably have to spend a minimum or $7-800.
since you live in the US, go ahead and browse around on www.newegg.com
Do you already own peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse, windows)?
Also for your budget situation, is there any way you could stretch that slightly, maybe to at least $550-600?

In any case, here's a build that would not perform too bad in general computing/gaming:

Case: Cougar Solution (With 400W PSU - $94
CPU: AMD A8-5600K - $109
Hard Drive: WD Caviar Blue 500GB - $69
Memory: G.Skill Value Series 8GB - $33.90
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 - $129

Total:$ 434.9

I know I went ~$30 over budget, but really, that list is probably the absolute minimum when it comes to 'gaming computers'.
That's all I can really contribute for now, I'm sure others will chime in with some advice sooner or later too :)

Ok this may sound a bit nerdy but I like Runescape and I play at the lowest resolution they offer for both, I can buy all parts online and I just want ti to be able to run R.S. at like 50 fps because right now im running like 9-10 which is terrible.

Nothing wrong with playing Runescape.
and the list of parts I suggested would be able to run it with relative ease.
have you solved the problem of putting it together?
like did you find someone who can do it for you, or are you going to do it yourself?

Back