Need help buying new RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys and girls hope all is well this is my situation i have a asus m3n ht motherboard a gigabyte gtx 280 a phenom 2 940 running at 3.7 stable on air kept nice and cool in a antec 902 case but i have heard my ram is rubbish the brand is elixer and i have 4 1gb sticks what i would like to know is is it rubbish ram and if so what kind of ram am i looking for to go in this board and in what config ie 2x 2gb sticks or 4x1gb sticks and and also what difference would i see in games if i was to make this upgrade. i am running on vista 32bit thankyou for your time

Your memory specs:
4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR2 1066/800/667/533 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory Go with Corsair or Crucial memory. Max memory is 8GB or 4 2GB sticks

Elixir is considered budget RAM and from what I've seen on other forums, the timings aren't the best, and they seem to have high failure rates. Certainly not something you would use in a gaming rig.

Go for any RAM kit from Corsair, Crucial or OCZ. I recommend this kit for the best balance of price and performance.

thanks guys i will for some ocz or crucial.. what kind of difference will i see when gaming

You are going to have to tell us. There is a lot more to great game play than just memory... Motherboard type and settings, a strong video card, CPU, power supply, cooling and up to date operating system matter too

thanks guys i got some Dominator Series Twin2X4096-8500C5DF and i can say there is a great improvment the loading times have been reduced dramitcly and i am also able to overclock my gtx 280 more now for some strange reason.. my old ram must not ov been a little dodgy as i was getting a few crashes with only a small overclock on the card and now i can get much higher clocks and system stays stable i am well happy with my new ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back