Need Help! Can't click on links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

utbigred

Ok over the past week or so my internet has been weird. There would be times where I click on links (any links) and nothing will happen. Sometimes I have to click on the links multiple times to finally get it to load. Though my internet has been slow lately, I really think it's my computer? I have another computer in the house that is slow as well but doesn't have the problem I am having on this computer. Of course there are times where the internet is fine and I am able to click on any links w/o clicking on it multiple times.
I've done virus scan/ad-aware scan/updates/switched mouse and so on. I'm not really sure what to do anymore. I really would like some help.

Forgot to mention that I use firefox. I tried IE (version 7) and Maxthon, same situation.

Let's be clear;
On an email there's a link to a website and you want to go there
(of course you understand the risk in doing that),
so you click on it expecting the browser (if not yet running) to startup and display the page, but it fails to startup!

(there's a significant difference here than when the browser is already running
and the click does not cause the website access).

So which condition does it fail on, browser running or browser needs to startup?

Browser running. I did the ccleaner and it seemed like it worked a little, but I still see the problem happening. Let's say I want to goto ebay. I type www.ebay.com and pressed enter or pressed the go key and it doesnt work. After pressing multiple times it'll finally load. This applies to any links as in when I'm on yahoo and I want to see an article. Sometimes it'll work when clicking once, but then sometimes I have to click it multiple times (as in more than 4 usually) to finally start loading.

OK, it's not email related but pure webpage links or address bar URLs.

Get a command prompt. Whenever your links fail, in the command prompt enter
the domainName of the URL like this:
nslookup domainname

eg: if http://www.google.com/what-ever.... fails, then enter

nslookup www.google.com

you should get back the IP address of google, not a timeout or not a message
reading ... unreachable

if you do get errors, then your connection to the DNS is failing

could use some help. even coming posting here is troublesome since sometimes I have to click the links multiple times

Hi please use Edit instead of Replying to your same message over and over
Note hitting multiple Reply button accidently (intentionally or not) will not give a double post, unless text has changed.

Originally you said it may be the computer.
When you press Ctrl + Alt + Del and check performance and PF usage in Task Manager what are the values ? And is performance consistant (in percentage)

I am concerned that something is taking all your resource, slowing down your computer response time.

the pf usage is at 619 MB which is like the first green lit bar. As for the performance...it jumps between 4% to like 13%. At first I thought this was because I use dual monitor. I know my computer uses a lot of resources when I have a browser on one screen and game on another. When I stopped playing and just server the internet, I still get the same results for the clicking issue.

619 Meg is way too much.

I think you'd better go to Processes and kill (this is temporary) any process that has high memory usuage (not explorer.exe)

Let me know which one is causing all this memory usuage.

hmm it seems to have worked a little. Sometimes when I'm running a game on a different monitor and surfing the web, the browser seemed fine. Right now I'm getting the problem as we speak even though I'm running bitcomet and firefox (those two seems to take up the most memory?)I thought since the PF usage was only one bar it should be fine? Anyways, I was hoping what exactly does the pf usage mean and to what extent does it affect your computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back