Need help creating a Gaming Desktop

As the title says I need help creating a gaming PC. I am new to the world of creating gaming computers so I don't know to much on the subject. I have looked at a few articles here and there about it and was planning on just making it myself but I decided it would be better to have suggestions and help from others. If anyone could give me any tips on what I am truly looking for in a gaming desktop or if anyone could suggest or create one I would be grateful. My price range is $400 to $750. I am leaning towards the $500-$600 range but past that is doable. If there is anything else you guys need to know just reply. Once again any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Things I would like my desktop to be able to do/have:
- Play most newer games on Medium to High settings.
- Around a Terabyte of memory
- 4-8 Gigs of Ram

You can get a GTX 660 for not too much more, I think it will have a better performance/price ratio compared to the 650Ti Boost.

If you want to scale back a bit on some components you can get the XFX 550W PSU, 650W is a little excessive for a single card setup. You can also probably get a cheaper mobo too but be aware that both those choices might limit your upgrade possibilities in the future.

You can get a GTX 660 for not too much more, I think it will have a better performance/price ratio compared to the 650Ti Boost.

If you want to scale back a bit on some components you can get the XFX 550W PSU, 650W is a little excessive for a single card setup. You can also probably get a cheaper mobo too but be aware that both those choices might limit your upgrade possibilities in the future.

That is the best motherboard option I could find that had hefty features. The rest look cheap. I agree with the PSU. I was just putting the 650W there since I originally wanted to put a Haswell chip in this build, but it was over his budget, so I stuck with AMD. The 550W I chose before for the Haswell build didnt support the low power states so I put the 650W one. As for the GPU, I think the 7850 may be a good choice also.

Back