Need help finding a good video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really looking to get a new video card since the one that this computer came with won't let me play most games properly or I have to play them at slow frame rates with the lowest settings available. On top of that, I work with programs like Maya & Zbrush & Vue and the majority of the time I can't do work in them because the graphics card isn't compatible.

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Pentium D CPU 2.66GHz
CPU EXT : MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 EM64T
CPUID : F.4.7 / Extended : F.4
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 12 / 2 x 16 KB - L2 : 2 x 1024 KB
Core : SmithField (90 nm) / Stepping : B0
Freq : 2666.79 MHz (133.34 * 20)
MB Brand : Intel
MB Model : D102GGC2
NB : ATI RS400/RC400/RC410 rev 01
SB : ATI SB400 rev 80
GPU Type : ATI RADEON XPRESS 200
DirectX Version : 9.0c
RAM : 1024 MB DDR2 Single Channel
RAM Speed : 266.5 MHz (Unknown) @ 4-4-4-11
Slot 1 : 512MB (4300)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Samsung
Slot 2 : 512MB (4300)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Samsung

Motherboard:
D102GGC2
AAD70214-200
BTGC635011G8

PCIE X16 SLOT
PCIE X1 SLOT 1
PCI SLOT 1

That's most of the info I could scrub up about my computer. About the watt output/power supply model, I'm not willing to open my computer because it's still under the 3-year warranty [I know i'll have to pop it open when I get the card, but I'm hoping my comp will die by then; I'm getting it next week], and if I get lucky like last time, I might actually just get a new computer for practically nothing [my old one died close to 3 years ago and they gave me this one for 180$ because it was still under warranty, so I'm hoping for a repeat lol].

Thanks to anyone who can help.

P.S. - Price isn't that much an object I think, the person that's getting me the card works at a place where they make computers and he said he can get one by saying he needs it for his computer. I just need to give him the name of the card I want. Thanks again.

Hi Lantios,
welcome to Techspot :)
I will second T's recommendation, I also have a question if you don't mind. where did you read that opening the case voids your warranty? I have heard that a few times but haven't actually seen that. I wonder what they would tell you if you tried to claim warranty coverage if your computer overheats and dies due to dust buildup? just curious.

Opening the case will not viod the warranty unless you install a card with the power still on:) Klepto12, I am an Nvidia guy, but your recommendation is good too

Opening the case will not viod the warranty unless you install a card with the power still on:) Klepto12, I am an Nvidia guy, but your recommendation is good too

lol, that's what I thought. :) i have had a number of people recently swear that they were told that if they removed the side panel , their warranty would be voided......probably best buy employees. :rolleyes::haha:

im just saying the 4850 gives the same performance for less money so imo its a better card overall.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys [and sorry I took so long to say thanks, hehe]. In the end, after I sent him an email, he said his company doesn't make GeForce so he just sent me a whole computer with a video card that, he said, should do the trick for what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back