Need Help finding a nice Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

In10s

Guys, I was wondering to buy a video card. cause really i dont have one im only using Onboard 6100, well what kind of video card would you recomend me

Heres My MOBO: EMX - MCP61S - AVL
it has a PCI-Express x8 Slot..

Will 9500GT DDR2 512 MB good for me?... please i really need your help guys :D

Thanks!

Before recommending a video card you need to tell us what games you intend to play and at what resolutions / settings. Also, the make and specifications about your PSU.

Other details of your system, such as CPU, RAM, etc. would also help.

well My PSU is i think 350 - 500 Watts idk... but...i just wanna run GTA IV and MW2 in a decent resolution (1024x728) and not much full HD...i think more on a 30 - 50 FPS cause im not really a Power Gamer im more on a budget gamer...Btw i have a 1GB RAM and im planning to buy 2 GB and a video Card thats why im asking what card would you recommend to a 8x Slot....i really need Help Man :| well i have an Athlon 64 X2 4000+ 2.11 Ghz Processor.....so i can really run those games on Medium settings :D

What is your total budget? because along with card selection you may end up needing to replace that PSU

Most budget cards will run Modern Warfare 2 fine enough at that resolution. Not too sure about GTA 4.

However, a decent card with relatively low power consumption and a price tag around $100 would be the Radeon HD 4770.

Rit: I know 4770 is reasonably powerful card for its class; what do you think of 5750? I think it may be a better choice for few extra bucks.

Graphic card's memory type have nothing to do with board's supported memory type. You can even choose to run GDDR5 memory graphic card on this. IMHO you will be better off with Radeon HD 5750; and it will give you bit of future proofing with DX11 support.

Seriously guys....... Mine IS only DDR2...dont give me DDR3

What are you talking about? Graphics memory has nothing to do with your RAM. Even if you have a DDR2 memory, there is no problem in running a GPU with GDDR3 or GDDR5 memory.

However, your only problem is that you have a PCI-E x8 slot. It in all probability will not support any of the cards mentioned. However, you could look into this for more info.

Archean said:
Rit: I know 4770 is reasonably powerful card for its class; what do you think of 5750? I think it may be a better choice for few extra bucks.

Yeah Archean, I agree. It's a slightly better performer. But then one might spend a little more and get the HD 4870 or HD 5770. :)

Thats the perfect advice in my view :) .... with 5770 he will be able to play games at 1680x1050 or 1920x1200 with reasonable settings. However, it will push the price tag to 160$+/-.

Mine Dosent Look Like This One...its different Slot the link you got there has 3 dividers and mine only has 2....

And in the Box it says its Compatible with 16x...... the Real deal is ITS PCIE 16X x1......its also a 16X but its only x1 get it guys?

In crossfire these boards will run on 8x mode; so they should do that in a single card mode as well; i think there is your answer; however, you need to ensure you have the right PSU with correct ampage.

Aight but i dont wanna use ATI or Do SLi Or CrossFire.....i only wanna know if that Nvidia 9500GT would fit on my Slot :D

And in the Box it says its Compatible with 16x

Then you should be good to go. But I would still advise you against the 9500GT. Atleast consider the HD 4770 / 4850 or better.

Well Rit: its is his choice man, we can only advise. If i were to replace my aging 9600GT; frankly I wouldn't be bothered about the green teams products right now; I'll rather join the red camp ;)

I thought we already knew what you are going to buy, despite the fact that Interface Type of 9500GT is also PCI Express 2.0 x16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back