Not open for further replies.

iNoob

This is my current RAM: OCZ EL DDR PC4000 Dual Channel GOLD VX
SPECS:
2 x 512MB
DDR500
2-2-2-5 timing
3.2V

I want to get a second pair of identical memory but I can't seem to find it anywhere!! Is it possible that someone try this product for me? Or maybe suggest a set of RAM that will be completely compatible with this? Thanks in advance.

Yea, the official specs are:
2 x 512
DDR500
2-2-2-8
3.3V

but i managed to achieve 2-2-2-5 at only 3.2V.

Ok so the set I was looking for is almost as expensive as OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold GX XTC 2GB Dual Channel
specs:
2x1GB
DDR500
3-4-3-8
2.8V

If you were to choose, would you get the one I currently have? or ditch the old one and get the 2x1GB set?

*edit* or perhaps a different set?

If I were you I would get the 2 x 1GB sticks and sell the 2 x 512MB sticks on Ebay :)

(that's assuming that you can get the same timings as you have now)

I thought I read somewhere that large capacity RAM sticks have higher latencies than lower capacity RAM sticks, if this is true then performance wise you would be better off with 4 x 512MB sticks. (however I don't know if its true or not)

Yea, the timing for the 2 x 1GB sticks is 3-4-3-8 while the that for the 2 x 512MB is 2-2-2-8, but I'm not sure if the timing is worth a different in capacity of 1GB.

Also, isn't there something about CPU timing for the Athlon64? Something about 1T and 2T? I remember reading 4 sticks of ram will make the A64 run with 2T timing and 2 sticks will make it run in 1T (1T is better than 2T i think). Is that something to consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back