Need help finding optical drivers XP

By vagrant
Jul 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. alright guys i recently upgrades the Mboard ram processor power supply in someones comp and after all was said and done windows was able to find all the drivers except a few since the hard drive wasnt replaced i figured it would be fine but i was apperantly wrong now i had 1 optical drive show up but never read any of the disc i put in the 2nd one never showed up

in the device manager this is what i am seeing
    other device sms bus controller
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4385&SUBSYS_76231462&REV_3C\3&267A616A&0&A0

ports (COM & LPT)
    comunication port (COM4)
    ROOT\PORTS\0000

do these have anything to do with the optical drives and if not where can i find these i really dont want to rip it back apart to find the information
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,284   +154

No, i don't think they are causing the optical drive issue. CD drives using the generic Windows drivers
    > Check BIOS. Is the missing CD drive detected in BIOS? If not, it's probably a hardware/setup issue
    > As for the other drive that can't read disks, see if this might apply CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters.

As to that PCI\ device you list, you might also try reinstalling the m/b chipset drivers.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.