Need help getting rid of Nar/vbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's put it this way, I'm "technologically impaired" yet I need to fight a computer virus on my computer. Apparently, I've been infected with the highly communicable (Or so I've read), Nar/vbs worm/virus or whatever this dreaded thing is called. I believe that I've contracted it through Limewire, which I uninstalled after ruling out that it is one of the possible sources of which it came.

As I've said before, I'm "technologically impaired" and I have no clue on how to use anything that involves .log work. As I type this, on my other computer, I am running a scan on my infected computer with AVG free (Version 8.0.176). Nar/vbs has already shown up on the scan, thus afterward I plan on deleting the darned thing. I've read, by some accounts, that AVG does not work, which is frighteningly discerning to myself.

I believe that I contracted this virus some time in late November, around Nov. 20-30. I have experienced no symptoms except not being able to access my pen drive nor the external hard drive, which I remedied with "flash disinfector" and later deleted the autorun.bg worm using AVG. This moment is comparative to the calming of a storm, being that I do not know how long the calm shall last. Also, in my attempt to move the infected files to the AVG "Virus Vault", I found that the files disappeared. Not showing up on any scans after that, which is also just as frighteningly discerning.

I would like to call upon the skilled and experienced users of TECHSPOT to help me alleviate my problems. In advance, I would like to thank you.

-Farbanti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back