Need help getting the network drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terryg

i just rebuilt a pc from scratch and im missing some drivers. i believe they are nvidia drivers but i dont know which ones they are the only info i got is from device manager which is below. i can not get onto the net until some of these drivers are installed. the computer will not recognize the lan connection

pci simple communication controller
multimedia audia controller
other pci bridge device
sm bus controller
video controler

attached is a print of unknown device identifier

Before trying to find drivers based on Device IDs, it's best to try and find the drivers based on your motherboards (which has the onboard chips needing drivers you post)

Can you identify your motherboard?? If you can't identify it just by inspection, you can run Everest Home to identify it (you'll need to install it via removable media)

To then find your Driver files
Click for the driver page listed by System Vendor Find your System Vendor, click for their driver support site. Enter your model number, then download your drivers as needed

Let us know if you still need further help

the link for everest is broken

Hmm.. Thanks for the heads up. I updated the link (so try it again).
SAVE (not Run or Open) the download file to removable media. Then just transfer the file from media to your problem computer and run it to install

i got the drivers for the controllers and when i tried to get the drivers for video and audio it failed i thought i copied the everest file but it ended up to be blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back