Need help in deciding which video card

By Sandman61
Nov 8, 2008
  1. well i bought e5200, i have 400w power supply , 2gb ddr2...well basicly the computer is like for home (1024x768)... but i do wanna play games not on the very high settings but yet i want to enjoy it and have nice graphics...

so what will suit me best between these: HD3870, HD4670, 9600GT,9800GT.
  2. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

go to and read their tables for your budget to determine what you need. There's a card for every budget out there. Their tables show performance and price ranges.
  3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

I spent a few minutes at that site (which I found difficult to navigate to and around) lots of info, and the original supplied link "" actually does not take you to their site on its own

I ended up finding prices here:

And Performance Charts here:,1.html

Not sure if they are the best links at the huge site, but I got sick of searching around it!
  4. Sandman61

Sandman61 TS Rookie Topic Starter

9800gt = 9800gt sli? i mean is there a difference.. i don't know what SLI stands for :eek:

thank u
  5. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

But I'll let someone else (more expertised in this) answer which is better and why
  6. Sandman61

Sandman61 TS Rookie Topic Starter

i think i decided that ill buy 4670... the question is - is there big difference between 1gb or 512?

i see the 9600gt getting better results... and the price is kinda the same... how much power supplement it needs?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.