Need help in overclocking my Pentium 4 2.8ghz cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

haidar

hi everyone

can someone please teach me how to overlock my pentium 4 2.8ghz cpu

i have a hp so i cant do it through the bios settings does anyone have a type of software or something like that

thankyou very much

i know its wrong to reply to myself but is anyone even bothering to help me with this please help me overclock my processor

thankyou

Sorry, could you give more information,
i know it's hp... hp ses it's the F1 key to get in the BIOS, but some hp systems have their BIOS locked.
So, yours is?

Anyway, i've looked for some overclocking software:

w w w.tomshardware.com/reviews/
overclocking-software,2059.html

(they're not allowing me to post a link >.<)

maybe you could read that review :)
hope it helps... if not, sorry:(

hi everyone

can someone please teach me how to overlock my pentium 4 2.8ghz cpu
Show the poor old girl some mercy, and leave it at the stock speed. A Pent 4 really can't be made to perform as well as even many of the new lower price dual core Intels. (E2220) or (E5200). All you'll do is shorten it's life span, and make it run hot. A graphics card upgrade might help if it's gaming you're looking to do.
An overclock on your P-4 would more than likely require an upgrade of the HSF, and a capable one might not even fit in your HP case.

(captaincranky)

im not worried about the life of this computer as it is for me to just see how it works because im getting a proper custom built gaming computer some time this month

so if you do know how
please give me some of your advice it will be really helpful

thankyou

I think a big part of you not getting many responses is that it is a 'branded computer'. The OEM boards in those are so restrictive in what you can do, basically people don't OC them. Since it isn't a 'real' board from the well known manufacturers there probably aren't going to be many people here that overclock that actually know anything about the board in your system.

My guess is you simply can't do it in the bios, and would have to rely on a software overclock, and I'm not sure how good that is or even if its possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back