Need help increasing my FPS while playing RuneScape

anthonyblackmon

I have an Alienware laptop with the following specs:

Processor- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz
4GB of RAM
32-Bit Operating system

I also have Windows 7<- Not sure if this has a factor on my FPS or not.

I think I have a really good computer, but when I play RuneScape my FPS is 15 and below. All of my graphics settings are set to low, but my FPS still never tops 15.

Are there any settings I could change on the computer that could increase my FPS?

This laptop is about three days old, and I have a laptop that is over 5 years old. The desktop stays at 20+ FPS but yet my brand new lap top gets below 15. Any advice? I downloaded both Gameboost and Gamegain but neither one of those increased my fps at all.

Well Runescape is a browser based rpg meaning the requirements are slightly different.

I would suggest making sure your adobe flash is updated to the latest version.
If I remember correct Runescape does use Java. If it does not, then just make sure your Flash and Shockwave are updated.

Adobe Flash is poorly written and causes many issues. it is used pretty much everywhere but its still poorly written. Java generally needs to be kept up to date if used. Shockwave normally is used with some online browser games so its a good idea to have it up to date.

Beyond that, Your best bet would be to try running Runescape in difference browsers still you find one that runs best.

Try running Runescape within all these browsers to get a idea of which works best.
I would suggest to start out with Firefox.
Google Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer

i don't play RuneScape on a browser, I play on the downloadable client, because RuneScape works best on it. And yes, RuneScape uses Java.

Just to reiterate what Scott8090 said, make sure is all up to date. Since its a downloadable client, make sure that is up to date as well.

If all that still doesn't fix the FPS issue, then i am thinking it may be a wacky internet connection.
Make sure your internet signal is strong, transferring at at least 20kbp/s.
Also, make sure you have no other programs running, they may be conflicting with your client.

Back