Need help installing DX9 on Windows 7

By mooney12
Feb 20, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hi my friend has this version of windows

08:15 Headshooter of headless [153]: windows 7 ultimate 64-bit (6.1,build 7601

and we need help installing dx9 or making it available to use for a game called tibia

can anyone help? is there a place to download it or enable it ? do we even need to do anything?
  2. bazz2004

bazz2004 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,213   +200

You have Direct X on the computer already - probably dx11. Try getting Tibia going without installing Direct X and see how it goes. If no joy try posting in the Gaming section to see if anybody can help you get it running.
  3. mooney12

mooney12 TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 88

Its fixed, I updated his vga, he can select dx9 within tibia as an option now, thanks anyway though
  4. bazz2004

It's a shame that other classic games haven't been tweaked to run on current systems in the same way.
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

The better solution would be a compatibility layer/app that would allow older games to play as they are.

It is platform innovation moving forward that created the issue. It's hardly fair to point a finger at game makers, suggesting they should keep up. Especially if the titles are considered dead.
  6. bazz2004

Thanks for that. I stand corrected. Any solution would be useful but it would mean less posts to answer. :)