Need help installing DX9 on Windows 7

mooney12

Hi my friend has this version of windows

08:15 Headshooter of headless [153]: windows 7 ultimate 64-bit (6.1,build 7601

and we need help installing dx9 or making it available to use for a game called tibia

can anyone help? is there a place to download it or enable it ? do we even need to do anything?

You have Direct X on the computer already - probably dx11. Try getting Tibia going without installing Direct X and see how it goes. If no joy try posting in the Gaming section to see if anybody can help you get it running.

Its fixed, I updated his vga, he can select dx9 within tibia as an option now, thanks anyway though

It's a shame that other classic games haven't been tweaked to run on current systems in the same way.

It's a shame that other classic games haven't been tweaked to run on current systems in the same way.
The better solution would be a compatibility layer/app that would allow older games to play as they are.

It is platform innovation moving forward that created the issue. It's hardly fair to point a finger at game makers, suggesting they should keep up. Especially if the titles are considered dead.

Thanks for that. I stand corrected. Any solution would be useful but it would mean less posts to answer. :)

Back