TechSpot

Need Help: Is MOBO dead?

By oubrett
May 10, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an Intel quad-core based system with an Asus P5Q3 mobo and 6 gigs of ram
    The system has performed flawlessly for 10 months then yesterday it shutdown randomly. I tried twice to restart -- fans and lights would come on for less than a second and shutdown. Cables all seem properly attached. MOBO has green light so I know power is flowing. Since system won't post, am I right to think the mobo is dead? Any help is appreciated!
  2. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

First thing to check would be the PSU. Which one do you have? Try replacing it with a spare one if possible or borrow a known working PSU from someone.
  3. oubrett

oubrett TS Rookie Topic Starter

Power supply

I have a corsair 750w psu
  4. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

That is an excellent PSU. Should be more than sufficient for all your needs. However, to eliminate the possibility of a damaged PSU see if you could borrow a different one or test your's on another system.

But it seems like a dead mobo.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.