Need help loading Wolfenstein

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not get my stupid machine of a laptop to initialize the Glide drivers. :hotouch: :confused: :eek: and i am starting to get very irritated with the machine, all it keeps giving me is
"calling LoadLibrary( 'C:\WINNT\system32\3dfxvgl.dll' ): failed"
does anyone know how to fix this problem

your graphics card on that lappy is probably unable to handle the render modes, or is not compatible with said game. you are talking about return to castle wolfenstien, right?

No, i think it is just Wolfenstein, and the lappy is a Windows 2000 Pro
what does the graphics card have to be capable of?

can you start the game in safe mode? this shortcut is found next to the original paths in the start menu.

Are you using a 3DFX graphics card? If not that's the problem. Try deleting the game's config file; you'd have to search what it's called though, probably wolfsp.cfg (It varies from game to game)

I found a file called etconfig.cfg, is that it? I found it under etmain, should I look elsewhere for the file? I am gettin a message that says that it is unable to find the correct pixel format, could that have anything to do with it?

I tried that and it still says that everything is unsafe. Do you know of any sites that have reviews for Escape from Castle Wolfenstein, my mom won't let me go to this LAN party otherwise?

it says it is unsafe???? clarify please

BTW - how old are you anyway?
Your mom may be right.

escape, says you? as i recall it, that game harkens back to the early 1980's, probably before you were born. and you say they're playing this at a LAN? i believe that they would be playing return to castle wolfenstien (or enemy territory) which would be several years old itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back