Need help making a movie DVD for DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravisunny2

I am using power Producer 3.0 to make movie DVDs for the kids.

The movie down load is available in several formats – avi, mpeg, mp4 etc.

The mp4 files are considerably smaller than the mpeg files.

Power Producer converts the mpeg/mp4 to vob files.

Is the vob quality about the same, whether I use a mpeg or mp4 ?

Thanks.

I would say yes, but the video quality would depend more on your hardware than the video format. You need to keep up with Windows Updates too. If you are still running XP Service Pack 2, update XP to Service Pack 3 and download and install all the other related Windows Updates available

Thanks, Tmagic650.

I will be playing the DVD movie on a Sony DVP-SR400P DVD player.

I am using XP Sp3, fully updated.

DVD-Video is actually Mpeg-2. Mpeg-4 is more like Divx. To have the most universal compatibility, you should burn as DVD-Video. I wish I had more to offer than that, but since "trasnscoding" can be really s****y, I mostly record TV with freestanding DVD recorders, and cut out the commercials.

The other method DVD recorders use is DVD-VR "video recording" mode which can be edited, but the transcoding kills the quality.

I think the Nero will code .wmv to DVD-Video, if anybody's got a copy of that laying around.

Power Producer can handle avi, mpeg, wmv, and vob as input, and the DVD produced usaully works fine (except in the Smart Mode).

Point is whether there is a difference in quality of the same movie from the same site, if I download the mpeg or mp4.

BTW, Captain, you seem like a late worker. Must be midnight where you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back