Need help making my FPS faster for games

By ApplezReviewer
Jun 7, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i need help increasing my fps in a game called Dragonica. looks kinda kiddy but its fun. ok on to details of my comp: i have Vista Home Premium 64, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.5GHz, 8 GB ram ddr3, Nvidia GeForce GT 230 Graphic card, others i have no idea
    plzz give tips on increasing my fps my fps is about 60+ most of the time i want it to be about 80+ if possible
  2. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,534   +92

Is the monitor refresh rate 60Hz? Is there an option to enable/disable Vsync in the video settings? If so disable it and see if your fps then goes above 60.
  3. myrmidonks

myrmidonks Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

What screen are you playing on? Can you tell the difference between 60 and 80 FPS?
  4. ApplezReviewer

ApplezReviewer Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i have vsync turned on when i turned it off it was like about 2 fps difference some of the time but most of the time its still the same. also i have no idea what monitor i have.
  5. ApplezReviewer

i use fraps to see my fps. when i just stand there in the game with only the background visuals moving i get about 120 fps but when i start playing it slows down by half down to 60
  6. matchu

matchu TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 111

60 fps... i think that├Ęs pretty good =P do you really need it to be any better?

you could try decreasing the quality fo the graphics
  7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

Either turn the graphics/resolution down or get a better video card. 60fps is plenty for the setup you have, you shouldnt expect much more.
  8. ApplezReviewer

its already at the lowest quality i can make it before it looks really pix-elated. maybe I should get better parts. can someone tell me which part to change and which part is good to get better quality. I have about 500 to spend on, sorry but that's all I have.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.