Need help making my FPS faster for games

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need help increasing my fps in a game called Dragonica. looks kinda kiddy but its fun. ok on to details of my comp: i have Vista Home Premium 64, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.5GHz, 8 GB ram ddr3, Nvidia GeForce GT 230 Graphic card, others i have no idea
plzz give tips on increasing my fps my fps is about 60+ most of the time i want it to be about 80+ if possible

Is the monitor refresh rate 60Hz? Is there an option to enable/disable Vsync in the video settings? If so disable it and see if your fps then goes above 60.

i have vsync turned on when i turned it off it was like about 2 fps difference some of the time but most of the time its still the same. also i have no idea what monitor i have.

i use fraps to see my fps. when i just stand there in the game with only the background visuals moving i get about 120 fps but when i start playing it slows down by half down to 60

60 fps... i think thatès pretty good =P do you really need it to be any better?

you could try decreasing the quality fo the graphics

Either turn the graphics/resolution down or get a better video card. 60fps is plenty for the setup you have, you shouldnt expect much more.

its already at the lowest quality i can make it before it looks really pix-elated. maybe I should get better parts. can someone tell me which part to change and which part is good to get better quality. I have about 500 to spend on, sorry but that's all I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back