Need help! not sure what the problem is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I have a popup blocker installed on my computer, but I keepgetting all of these popups that I have no idea where they're coming from, and its different popups each time. Theres this popup called bitefight, another for sunengine, another for gladiatus, one for stylem, etc... And my computer runs super slow. Is this a virus? because I've done a trend micro virus scan, and that didn't work, or is it something else? Any help would be appreciated.

Try a full scan with free Spy Bot - SD, then follow with a full scan using free SUPERAntiSpyware. Google both for a DL site, like CNET. I recently used these to purge the joke-blue screen and Antivirus 2008 XP malware from my system. AdAware and Reg Fix didn't touch them, and McAfee AV detected and tried to clear them, but the malware keep re-initializing.

Good luck.

Hi mrumantigeru,

Welcome to Techspot!

You have a few different infections on there.

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM or SAS log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

I like computers

Hello all you great helpers out there. I am 69 and have used computers since punch cards, but since retiring, from Offshore Engineering, I am having a great time learning the basics of computers.
Several retired people would like to get started in computing, mainly for emails to family and friends, but getting started is not cheap with MS. So I have been getting to grips with Open Source; UBUNTU in several versions.
I have recently found XUBUNTU which is a cut down version for low power computers and it works well on an old Dell 500MHz machine with 256GB RAM.
Now I am hoping to put it on an old laptop which I have had for years. Recently I did something while adjusting the screen brightness etc and the screen now is really fragmented with coloured squares and rectangles of the colour of the normal Windows 95 screen.
Can anyone help with this? Scrap it would be an easy option, but with a bit of time to play with I would like to restore it for old time's sake.
I have checked the HDD and formatted it to download XUBUNTU, but I cannot make out the screen enough to run the install.
Perhaps it is a BIOS problem and I am trying to find out what the bios was.
Unfortunately I have lost a bit of time over the past year with surgery etc, hence my attempt to get a reply; confessing that I have not read all the posts to find a similar one.
The machine is a TOSHIBA S300CDS with a Pentium MMX processor and 64 MB RAM and a 2.1 GB HDD.
I hope someone can help me with this project.
Best wishes,
Stephen Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back