Need help on a Linksys BEFSR41 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could somebody please help me on setting up my internet connection

hey guys i really need help on this one...I just bought a Linksys BEFSR41 Router and i can't seem to set up the internet connection..my DSL connection has a Dynamic IP and its auto connect (not PPPoE/ no username/password)...when i tried to use the setup wizard it only gives me 3 choices...namely Cable(DHCP), Static IP, and PPPoE..i tried using the CAble(DHCP) but there is a setup wizard error message that says "Unable to connect to the Router. Check the cable connection from the computer to the Router." I have already checked the cable connection several times but still nothing happens...I do hope that you can help me out with this one..thanks in advance...

Reset the router using a paperclip to access the reset button in the front of the router. No settings other than the defaults will be needed to get your system online

hmm, so who is your internet with and what is it, is it a cable connection or through the phone line?

If you have no username password, it is probably cable in which case the option to select would be pppo/e as aposed to broadband over phone line which is pppo/a

that should work, also though if it is cable you have and the router attaches to a cable modem, you may need to configure the router to clone the MAC address of the computer.

Really need to know who is your internet provider first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back