TechSpot

NEED HELP!!! on my locked Down laptop

By Jrdn2
Aug 22, 2007
  1. ok... so i have this laptop of my friends and everything is completely locked down. I can't use the command prompt because it was disabled by the administrator. I don't know the Administrator password and don't know what to do i can't down load anything or change anything. I don't know how to get around this? can anyone help me with ideas? i have tried running things like Mandriva and Linux which work but still don't benefit because of the fact i can't download things onto them? can anyone help me get around these things and or tell me any way i can find the Administrator password? your help is very much thanked for!

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

What is the brand, model, age, and OSl of the laptop.

3. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

As raybay says, we need more info, especially as to what windows version it has on it.

4. Jrdn2

Jrdn2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok the Model is MA6 Gateway it is running Windows XP Pro SP2 and its about 2 years old

5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,342   +622

If the system was lock down by an Admin, then you best leave well enough alone.

We don't crack passworks here at Techspot and neither do we support hacking
    into a coprorate computer.

If the system is literally OWNED by your friend, then he/she can always reinstall
    the OS and start fresh. When the system reappears on the Corporate network
    there may be some serious explaining to do -- so caution your friend first.

6. Jrdn2

Jrdn2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

ya ok i understand that but for the fact that it wasn't him that did this it was a kid in college and he is now over in iraq so my friend is stuck with it like this and can't get into anything because he doesn't know the admin password

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.