Need help on recovering files from EHD

I accidentally killdisk'd my EHD yesterday, I managed to stop it before it deleted anything. But the pc doesn't read my EHD anymore, I tried it on other pc's and it still wont read it. I can't access it even from cmd. Please tell me there is still a chance to recover my files

update: my friend got it to run on the device management, and it showed up as Unallocated, then he tried to create an extended partition, and told me that all the files was already removed. is there really no chance at all?

Unless you get a program to read the disk bit for bit and recreate the partition table, there would be little else you could do.

Wish I could help with the program though, I have never really had a need in using one.

You can try this program but I'm not sure of it full potential. It may only work for recovering files and not file systems.

Piriform Recuva
Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!

Recuva might do it, depending on the overall damage to the data itself, its worth a shot at least.

There are a bunch of tools on Hirens Boot CD for recovering data. Boot off of it and choose Mini XP mode (for ease of use) and go through them one by one. Maybe you'll get lucky and one will work.

Yea I had forgotten about Hiren's, its a nice recovery CD to have. Mini XP mode works really well for the purpose it was made for lol

Yea try Hiren's, its what I usually use to recover files

Back