Need help, PC boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, my PC has recently stopped working. It's a custom built PC from a few years ago, and has been working fine until this morning. The problem is that I left it on overnight, and when I woke up, my dual monitors weren't detecting any signals, and my keyboard and mouse were not working either, however my PC's lights were still on, the fans were running, and the drives were powered. I had to force shut down my PC by holding down the power button. When I turn on / restart my PC, the same thing happens. The PC sounds like its booting up and everything, with the fans spinning and the drives working, but neither my monitors nor my usb devices were working or detected. I have no idea why this is happening. I've got an ASUS mobo, Nvidia 6800 AGP, 1gb rambus RDRAM, WDC 250gb, SB Audigy SE, and a P4 2.8ghz CPU. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Does it make any beeps when turned on? Also try booting up with just one monitor. Also try resetting the CMOS jumper on the motherboard.

graphics card

it looks like its ur grahpics card. Try plugging ur monitor into the motherboard vga if you can. Try swaping out video cards if u can.

It's the mobo or the PSU for sure, the videocard wont have anything to do with the PC not booting ( unless it's integrated or something )

Give us the watt for your PSU so we can see if it's that or the Mobo, If it's the mobo you'll probably have to get another one

It was a 350W PSU, and I swapped it out but its still not working, so I guess it must be the mobo.. could it possibly be the CPU?

Definitely try resetting the CMOS first. And while you have the machine open check the seating on your graphics card (if you have one).
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back