Need help removing files to be burned in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not have dvd burner,realised this after i tried to burn pictures.Now i cannot remove them or burn any new music to cd.keeps saying files ready to to go to disc.Canot remove them says they cannot be removed. Can anyone help please.
Have windows xp.

cd burner

was trying to burn to dvd,but as i said when i tried to burn off cd to another disk it comes up with previous photo file waiting to be downloaded to cd.

And it won't let you right click on the files and delete them or deleting them through the delete key doesn't work?

Shut down, the do a cold boot, then use Windows Explorer to move the files to a new location by drag and drop... you might want to create a new folder to drag them into...
Look carefully for subdirectories around the location of the burner drive. If the burner is in E, for instance, click on E: to see if there is a subdirectory or simply loose files.
Then drag all of the items you see in any sub-directory to another location. Once they are no longer in a location where the drive is awaiting install, your problems will disappear, and you can then burn them to a CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back