Need help resolving "BAD_POOL_CALLER"

Hello, lately my computer has had trouble due to it blue screening every several hours or so a day while playing an online game and browsing the web. After restarting the computer, I copied the following error details from the "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" box:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: c2
BCP1: 00000007
BCP2: 0000110B
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: B7B2B008
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini110110-03.dmp
C:\Users\Hodges\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-178964-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Hodges\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF8BF.tmp.version.txt

I messaged one of my friends who knew a little bit about this kind of stuff, and he looked up some of the codes from the error details and said that it appears to be a "BAD_POOL_CALLER", which means that one of my virtual drivers are causing problems with my computer and that an update on the specific driver that may be causing this may help resolve my problem. However, he didn't remember how to look inside .dmp files for answers that may point to which driver is causing the problems.

Any other details that might be worth mentioning include the fact that the online game I play is written in Java and uses a client. It is also a resource hog. Likewise, Java needed an update when the BSODs were occurring, so I went ahead and updated my Java. I haven't noticed another BSOD yet, but it's too early to tell if that fixed it. I also don't remember installing any new hardware and the only recent software I downloaded was X Chat, but the BSOD occurred a day or so before that. My OS is Vista.

EDIT: I finally seem to have gotten a copy of the minidump files into a ZIP folder. The permissions were giving me a headache, so I hope this actually works. If not, I'll definitely need help getting the minidump files up for you guys to look at. :)

Thanks,

Andvari

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    180.7 KB · Views: 1
Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

*** If Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Back