Need Help Ridding Laptop Of Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I think I have my own issue here.

My friend recently came into possession of a Dell laptop with Vista included. Unhappy with the OS, I've taken it off her hands to load XP back on it. Started by loading the bios and switching the first startup to locating the CD Drive, thrown the disc in, deleted the whole partition and begun the installation. After it clears the partition and resets to continue installing XP, it asks to start from the CD again and if you don't, it just reloads into Vista.

What?

I deleted the partition, I wiped the whole computer, yet after it finishes the first segment of the installation of XP, it just reloads Vista like nothing ever happened. How do I continue the installation of XP, or actually install the thing in general?

If anyone could resolve my issue on this as soon as possible, that would be great as I'm on an unfortunate deadline.

Well the deadline may have expired

But you have not removed the Vista Partition
You have removed the Vista Recovery Partition
Go back and remove All partitions

Theres only one partition when I start it up, and after Ive deleted it, theres one partition there saying 'Unpartitioned Space', thats it. Theres only one.

Sorry, I just gotta laugh at the people that can't take Vista. It's not really that much different than navigating in Windows XP.

theres one partition there saying 'Unpartitioned Space',
You must have two drives (somehow) then
Because it's impossible!

Please reply back to tell me what the silly mistake is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back