Need help setting up Slitaz 4.0

Marnomancer

Hello there.
About an hour ago, after hours of crawling the internet, I stumbled upon Slitaz 4.0, an amazingly light (and pretty...) Linux distro. I've created a LiveUSB image of it, enabling me to virtually carry an OS in my pocket.
Now, I need to set it up for my usual work. I'm not used to remembering command-line keys, so I have to manually download the packages and transfer them to Slitaz. Now comes the main problem:
1) I'm using my dad's old cell-phone's GPRS connection to use the internet. It's a Nokia XpressMusic 5130. The GPRS subscription is from a local carrier, used as a dial-up. But the problem is, Slitaz doesn't detect the phone, and the carrier doesn't require any Username or password, just the access point it provides. How do I setup a dial-up connection in Slitaz, and get the phone recognized in the first place?
2) Device drivers for Linux-based systems? Nvidia drivers? VIA HD Audio drivers? How do I get them?

*Sorry if this isn't coherent, I'll try my best to answer all questions asked.

slit.png

Marnomancer said:
2) Device drivers for Linux-based systems? Nvidia drivers? VIA HD Audio drivers? How do I get them?
Never tried Slitaz, but there is a high chance that audio drivers are present (compiled or loaded through a module into your kernel). Try throwing some OGG audio files at media player which comes with Slitaz, if you have sound there, everything is OK and you will probably need to install some audio codecs (gstreamer) to be able to play MP3/MP4/... and other video formats.

As for the drivers, try searching your distros official repos (if not available search unofficial repos provided by Slitaz users) and install them through its package manager. The last and worst way to install packages is to downloaded and install them manually from hardware manufacturer support center.

There is two kind of video drivers, open-source and proprietary drivers. Proprietary drivers have better 3d performance and power management, but open-source drivers are reverse engineered versions.

Sorry, if I didn't answered your question completely.

Back